Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas

I woke up early to put the rib roast in the oven.  Good thing I had a dry run a month ago, the roast couldn't have been more perfectly seasoned or perfectly cooked.  My incredible shrinking auntie (60 lbs!) loved it so much, I left it all too her.  I thought she might share it with my cousins who met with her yesterday, but she's planning her meals around the meat now.  I gave her a couple batches of my biscotti as my Christmas gift, which she is thoroughly enjoying.  I told her I hope she gains 20 lbs this year.

Mom doesn't understand time anymore.  It's always April now.  When she's wishing Merry Christmas, she's just parroting me.  I gave her a clock that shows the day and date with year, as well as the time so now I don't have to write it on the board every day. 

I got myself an Echo Spot as my new alarm clock.  So last night was the first with a different clock -- now I remember why I've been using the huge LED clock for the last 35 years, I'm blind as a bat without glasses!  Okay one of my eyes was upgraded a few years ago, so I can see the clock now in analog mode.  The digital text just is too small.

I have go to to work all week (insert sad emoji face here, I can't find it).  I wanted to do half days but the engineer I'm working with keeps deciding to change something and then it takes all day to catch up to all the domino's that fell down because of his change,

1 comment:

  1. Challenges of change and holidays! Hope you have a great and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete